Three Springs DBT, LLC
Welcome to the official website for Three Springs DBT Group of Greenville, LLC. Three Springs is a provider of outpatient mental health treatment serving upstate South Carolina since 2001. Our services and programs are based on Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT).
What is DBT?
Dialectical Behavior Therapy is a cognitive behavioral therapy published in the early 1990’s by Dr. Marsha Linehan of the University of Washington, in Seattle. Research for DBT started 17 years prior to publication as Dr. Linehan began developing a therapy to treat chronically suicidal females. Most of this population met criteria for Borderline Personality Disorder, BPD, which is typified by emotional and behavioral extremes. DBT is the only therapy with multiple clinical studies supporting its effectiveness in treating BPD. Even though the therapy’s original publication focused on its use with BPD, over the years its application has expanded.
Further studies have shown this therapy is helpful in treating clients with diagnoses such as:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Emotional Conflicts of Adolescence
The therapy has been recognized by professionals to have effective outcomes in many settings and many levels of care. It is important to remember that Dialectical Behavior Therapy is not a suicide prevention program, but rather a life enhancement program. Since its publication in 1993 many clients both nationally and internationally, have successfully utilized DBT therapy in creating “A Life Worth Living.”
DBT at Three Springs
Three Springs is staffed with licensed professional counselors and licensed social workers who are intensively trained in DBT. The services to clients are designed to teach clients how to change life interfering and quality of life interfering behaviors, and aide individuals in acquiring new, more effective skills for living.
The staff of Three Springs specializes in treating multi-problem, difficult to treat clients, often times for which other modes of treatment have failed.
Goals for Treatment at Three Springs
- Clients will learn how emotions work, how to regulate them, and how to increase positive emotions.
- Clients will learn effective ways to manage relationships.
- Clients will learn self managing skills and skills for tolerating unavoidable distress.
- Clients will learn how to change and manage life interfering behaviors.
- Clients will learn the importance of balancing the acceptance of reality with the need for change.